Thursday, September 18, 2008

Songs I Wrote

Here are 2 songs that I have written lyrics too. Not that amazing, but still. Leave feedback? Keep in mind that these are at least a year old...I need to try to find my other lyric book...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Get Away

If you're feeling down and low,
And you don't know where to go,
Just pause and think a moment;
Just run away to the get away.

Where the sun is always shining,
And the stars they are so bright!
And the weather, it is just right.
Just run away to the get away.

You can take a walk on the beach,
Or swim near the waterfall,
Or go to the meadow to sing.
Just run away to the get away.

If you could take everything you own,
And the friends that you love,
And leave behind all your fears;
Would you run away to the get away?

If you could leave behind all the stress,
And leave your duties to the rest,
And become the very best;
Would you run away to the get away?

As the years go by,
You wouldn't age a bit,
And continue to be beautiful.
Just run away, to the get away.

You can do anything you want,
Whenever you desire.
Anything, Anything, Anything.
Just run away, to the get away.

Everyone needs their own,
Some may have found it,
But the rest is still unknown.
So take this advice;
Go run away,
And go find,
Your own get away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not the greatest song, I guess. Haha. Here's the other....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Untitled

From the first day I saw you,
I knew we'd be friends,
Friends 'til the end.
I knew I could come to you,
Whenever I felt I needed to,
And I know you felt the same way too.

But things change like the seasons;
So beautiful and bursting with new life,
So Bright and beaming, in the glorious sunlight.
And so vibrant and colorful,
And yet so dark and cold.

As the years went by,
We were always at each others side,
Trying to make it past this awful ride called life.
The faces you thought you could trust,
Are now the ones you loath.
All these lies in my face,
Don't know how I can make it.
Then i would come to you,
And you'd help me through.

That's what friends do,
They should try to help you.
They can never be anything more,
NO matter how wide you open the door.
It always will get slammed shut.

But the day I opened that door for you,
I watched as I saw you walk through.
And every day, and every night,
It always plays through my mind,
We tell ourselves,
"We all make mistakes"
But I tell myself,
"I've made the biggest mistake that anyone could ever make."
And as I lay here,
I try to think of how to say,
"I'm sorry."
I'm sorry...I'm sorry...
Will you ever forgive me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that's it...I guess. Haha.

No comments: